Where do Romance Authors get Ideas


Pamela Tracy here, and I rarely have to look for fun.
I'm too busy.
Either it happens or it doesn't.




thanks to a grumpy husband:
Him:  Why is this ziplock of barbeque sauce in the sink (takes it out)
Me:    Because I don't want barbeque sauce smeared all over the counter.
Him:  But the sink is where we wash our hands.
Me:   Did you notice we have a double sink?  Use the other side.  






thanks to an 11 year old son:
Him: Mom, did you know that if you give me $5.00, I can buy 100 gems and make my clan bigger.
Me:  Online?
Him:  Yes.
Me:  That's throwing money away. You get nothing in return.
Him:  Oh, Mom, you're wrong.  I can build up my castle, buy some giants and dragons, and fortify...
(30 minutes later of continual descriptions, black moments, and plot)
Me:  Okay.



Thanks to a seven-month-old puppy
Her: This yarn from the baby blanket my mistress is crocheting looks good.  I'll play with it and circle the house from living room to bedroom to bathroom to between the legs of the table.
Me:  ACK
Her: This Winnie the Pooh, the only toy saved from little lad's babyhood, probably has neat fuzzy stuff inside.  I'll chew it until I make a big BIG hole and then I'll spread the fuzzy stuff all around his bedroom floor.
Me and Son:  ACK  DOG!
Her: My master wears these glasses.  I'll try them on for fun.  Hmmm, they don't seem to fit.  Let me adjust the sides (chew chew).  Oh, and why do I need these glass thingies.  I'll just pop them out.
Me and Son and Hubby:  ACK  DOG  BAD WORD, BAD WORD, BAD WORD.


Needless to say, I've just started my sixth Heartwarming, which has a pregnant heroine who finds a dead body thanks to her young son and a German Shepherd puppy.  Hubby?  Oh, I killed him off.
Nuff said.

 So, who's helping your day stay busy?


Comments

  1. Been there, done that with hubby, child, and dog. It does provide a lot of inspiration for our writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how many real life scenarios I don't put.

      Delete
  2. Pamela, I'm still laughing. I'm so glad you can see the humor in your busy chaotic life. This is the ultimate way to multi-task. I had a border collie puppy who "adjusted" my glasses for me once. I kind of felt like it was my fault for leaving them within her reach. But yikes, that was an expensive lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my husband the same thing about the glasses: his fault. I don't think he believed me.

      Delete
  3. Still laughing that you killed the husband off. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking an obscure poison in the barbecue sauce. What say you?

      Delete
  4. LOL! This was hilarious, Pamela. You've certainly got your hands full and plenty of fodder too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I only shared ten minutes of a typical day.

      Delete
  5. Okay, Pam, what a fun way to start my day. We all happen to know you love hubby, kid, and dog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suffice it to say: tail wags to your puppy, Pamela, from Harley and Logan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great, fun post, Pam! Can't wait to get my hands on this story! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol....no wonder you're an author. You can find plenty of inspiration without leaving your front door. ( :
    Kit-Kat our cat is keeping me busy today. He's sick and won't eat for the first time in his life so I'm worried and at the vets office. ) :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat is eating triple since we got the puppy. I think it's both stress and extreme exercise (being chased by the puppy)

      Delete
  9. You (and hubs and son and dog) are so funny! I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment