Reflections on a Wedding Day

I was so happy to hear that my turn was today because it's my wedding anniversary! Nine years ago, my husband and I said our vows in a gorgeous, dramatic sanctuary in front of 400 family members and friends. But let's back up a little...


At Harlequin Heartwarming, we are big fans of unlikely romances, so I'll tell you that my husband and I are nine years apart. We first met when I was working for my college's PR department at a camp where JT was a counselor, but we didn't reconnect until after I had graduated. Let me tell you that there's a big difference between 19 and 28 years old vs. 21 and 30 years old. When I remembered he was going to be attending some good friends' barbecue, my heart knew, and I was downright excited.


Fast forward a little over a year, I found myself walking down a petal-strewn aisle toward the soccer playing engineer with a keen eye for design, the only brain I've ever known that can see the big picture and the details with equal precision, the sense of humor made for mine, and the blue eyes I knew my babies would someday have. 



Our ninth year had many highlights, and we have connected and communicated and supported each other better than we ever have. For that, I'm incredibly grateful. I couldn't ask for a better Huckleberry who supports my dreams and inspires me to be a better person. 

Here's to year ten!
---

Laurie Tomlinson is an award-winning contemporary romance author living in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her stories are fueled by faith, steaming mugs of tea, and her belief that life should be celebrated with cupcakes and extra sprinkles. When she’s not writing, she enjoys baking with her two little sous chefs and testing new recipes on her husband—especially if she doesn’t have to do the dishes. Find her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorLaurieTomlinson or her website, www.laurietomlinson.com.

Her debut novel, With No Reservations, releases in May.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary, Laurie! What an amazing sanctuary. Congratulations on your May release, I look forward to reading it. Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At the time, both of us were going to churches that met in schools. I actually picked our photographer and sanctuary for a photo he did like this of another wedding at that church :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us, Laurie. I love the photos - such a beautiful bride (and groom, too!) May you enjoy many more anniversaries and all the best with your debut release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary from me, too, Laurie! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures from what must have been a spectacular wedding.

    I'm very excited for you, for the release of your debut, and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I loved your post. I hope the next 9--or 49--years are as fun as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie! Happy Anniversary! What beautiful pictures. I admit, I'm always a little jealous of people that had big beautiful weddings. My hubby and I didn't tell a soul we were getting married and no one even knew for more than 2 weeks. The romantic in me always wanted a big wedding, but it just didn't fit into our timeline (or budget) at the time. Oh well, it's been almost 25 years so I guess I should get over it, lol.
    Congratulations on your Heartwarming debut! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnne, I would have been just as happy with a barefoot ceremony in the woods with our closest family and friends, but my mother wouldn't have it any other way haha! I'm grateful for my fairytale wedding, anyhow :) Congrats on almost 25 years!

      Delete
  6. Now that's a wedding!! Happy anniversary, Laurie, and congratulations on your debut book. We are May "sisters."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to be in such good company :) Thank you, Leigh!

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary, Laurie. What a lovely romance story. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride you were...and your Huckleberry...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great story and terrific looking couple. Congratulations on your anniversary and your book! I hope you have a great celebration of both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy anniversary, Laurie! What beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing your memories with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful for a place where people like to celebrate love!

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary! I like your story--and you're right. The difference between 19 and 21 is a big one. :) Here's to many years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Tea, faith and cupcakes - we're kindred spirits. I'm looking forward to your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The common denominators of a good friendship!

      Delete
  13. Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!! Take in every precious moment, the years roll by quickly. We will celebrate our 42nd this fall and it doesn't seem possible. Wish we could slow it down a little!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42 years! That's amazing! Congratulations to you, too!

      Delete
  14. Wishing you and your blue-eyed hero a very happy anniversary, Laurie! What a lovely couple you are, and what a spectacular wedding it was! Can't wait to read your May release!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kept trying to make the photos bigger so I could see everything! LOL, I was a counselor one year at a church camp. Hardest work Ive ever done! I came home after that week and slept for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary and congratulations on your upcoming Heartwarming release. My next anniversary will make 23 years, but we're only nine months apart in age. Seems dull in comparison to your nine year age difference. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  17. Late to comment, but Happy Anniversary!! You were a stunning bride! My husband is 9 1/2 years older than I am and we met in college when I had just turned 20, so I know what you mean. When it's meant to be, age doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment