What Do Writers Do When They're Not Writing?

I'm helping with the Book a Thon at my son's school
I want to order this and instead of the name Stephen
I want to write Stupid Smelly School Bus
If you don't know where I got that, please Google Junie B. Jones
Read the first book and relive the joy of finding the first book
that made you want want to devour a million more books.
My idea is to have the younger students get their photo taken by the cut out.


Because the older kids won't want Junie B. Jones
This is a page from Diary of a Whimpy Kid
I want a giant white background
Where I've drawn what looks like a diary page
And taken this actual writing from Jeff Kinney's book
And then I put chairs and let the kids sit in them as if they are part of the book.
By the way, the book is so much better than the movie
that I've seen 20 times because my son loves it.
What I really want is a book costume I can wear
Not with a title, but one I can go from room to room wearing
while the Book a Thon is being promoted
Visuals are so important
Some of you might be wondering why I didn't post until now
late Saturday
Well, I'm with my son at a Youth Leadership Training for Christ Conference
Here he is in chorus
He's the first little guy to the left

Right now I'm working on the third book in the Sarasota Falls series
The first one came out this month.
The second one is going through edits.
The third one is written through chapter four
Besides writing books, I wrote two puppet plays and two drama programs
which were performed today at Leadership Training for Christ

Besides Read a Thons, writing puppet plays, listening to my son sing,
and everything else, I like to promote.  The above is this month's promotion put together
by the awesome Catherine Lanigan.






Comments

  1. What an awesome woman you are, as well as amazing writer. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Beth, do you remember the book that opened the world of reading for you. I remember mine. It was a Carolyn Haywood. They were the Betsy books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. I remember my first grade reader with Tippy the dog. Don't remember the kids' names, typically. I was already reading by that time. My older brothers were in school, so my mother bought me workbooks and let me play school everyday. Maybe Dr. Suess? I'm not sure if I remember reading them when I was a preschooler, or I remember reading them to my little sister when she was a preschooler. Oh, maybe Millions of Cats. Do you know that one?

      Delete
    2. Never heard of Tippy the dog or Millions of Cats but I'm getting a theme from you ... LOL, I'm expecting an animal in your writings :)

      Delete
  3. My son read Junie B. Jones books and fell in love with reading. We have the whole collection, and we'll never give them away. Too many memories are attached. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I taught kindergarten, I rewrote one of them into a play for my kids. They acted it out and loved it. I wish I had a tape of it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love Junie B. And so does my kindergarten class. We read her every day. And I love thise costumes. Congrats on your new series. Can't wait to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne. I'm going to look for a bookworm costume because I can't find a book costume.

      You got any ideas?

      Delete
  5. I'm always impressed by all that you do Pamela.

    Best wishes to you and your family for a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Kate, and I imagine you just shake your head and laugh.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the new series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm already writing book three and loving it. I'm trying to figure out the hero's name. What do you think? Geraldo or Manny? Those are the two I'm flipping.

      Delete
  7. Yes, you are a busy woman! Seems writers are always busy. Has anyone done a career day for a school? I've done a couple and they are great fun. If you get the chance, grab it! Congratulations on your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I do an author day at my son's school which is great fun.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the series. I'm glad you're enjoying your busyness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure enjoying is the word, but I think in 20 years when I look back, I'll realize this was the best time of my life.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Pam and thanks for the shout out about the giveaway. I just finished "Holding out for a Hero" and it was awesome! I couldn't put it down. The suspense had me tingling! No kidding...everybody grab this book. It's a keeper, too. I'm not sharing. I'm telling my friends to go buy their own. Good luck with the new series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine,
      You just made my day! And, we were driving back from Tucson, hurrying to get into Phoenix and not be late for the family Easter celebration, and I got a tweet about a review. Two compliments in one day. I could burst.

      Delete

Post a Comment