What I'm Reading

  Pamela Tracy here.  My family and I are just finishing vacation.  I'm counting the hours until I open the front door of my house because there's no place like home.  I thought I'd share my journey via books.

Leaving Scottsdale, all the way through New Mexico, and into Colorado:  FireBrand by Susanna Kearsley (awesome book; I give it a 10)

Colorado, Wyoming, and into South Dakota: All God's Creatures by Carolyn McSparron (Honestly, it reads like a memoir.  How Carolyn made fiction read like fact is beyond me.  I'm mesmorized.  Another 10 and I wish there were a sequel.)

Iowa and Nebraska:  The third Jim Butcher book.  It's on my Kindle and because I don't see the cover page but once, I can't remember the name.  (I loved his first two and am thrilled there's a bunch for me to read)

Nebraska and back through Colorado:  A new cozy mystery called Woof at the Door.  

Colorado and back through New Mexico: Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney (I fell in love with her Ivy Malone mysteries.  They were like Mrs. Pollifax.  This is her new series).

Back in Arizona: An Irish Country Doctor

I never, never get to read this much.  I loved it.  My husband and son think I'm nuts. 

So, what are you reading, past present and future.

Comments

  1. I just finished a great book by Marilyn Pappano--gosh can't remember the name. And a neighbor up the street writes mysteries. I just read his second book, Sonora Crossing. Good writing, but typical adventure mystery he killed off a character I had bonded with. However, his ongoing female protagonist was falling for him, so since she goes in a new direction for the next book, he's gone. I just got my July Heartwarmings in the mail, so they're up next. Can't decide which book to start reading first. Glad you're home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they make one of Marilyn's books into a movie? A Christmas one. Yeah, about getting the July Heartwarmings in the mail. Let me know when you get August. I'm so excited about seeing Katie's Rescue in print.

      Delete
  2. I too got a chance to read on the flights to and from Atlanta! Not as much as you though:) I read Jill Shalvis's The Heat Is On. It was fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela - Your trip sounds wonderful! Because I have a writing class this weekend (and I threw away all my notes and tapes I'd made for myself when I was cleaning my office because who ever thought my career would be revived?!) so the floor of my office is piled with all the Writer's Digest books on plot, character, setting, etc., Dixon's GMC, How to Write Shapely Fiction, and Stephen King's Stephen King on Writing. Ron's reading Bernard Cornwell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to spend more time with my how-to books, especially GMC

      Delete
  4. Not much leisure time right now. Plotting out next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually get to read for pleasure. The Kindle has changed my car reading. I used to get headaches from reading books, but I don't with the kindle. I think it's the bigger print.

      Delete
  5. Muriel, I love Stephen King's "On Writing". I read it at least once a year to inspire and motivate me.

    Pamela, I'm currently reading Nora Roberts' "The Next Always". Nora is the queen of Romance, so I'm studying her technique even as I enjoy the story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Nora for years. My favorite was the one about the magician's secrets.

      Delete

Post a Comment