Sit-Down Saturday with Jennifer Snow


Today we’re celebrating Jennifer Snow's release of Falling for Leigh (A Brookhollow Story #3)

So,Jennifer, where did you get the idea for this novel?
    A close friend of mine has had trouble over the last three years having a baby and watching her go through this difficult time in her life, but also seeing her strength and courage to keep trying, despite several miscarriages, various testing and fertility treatments was my inspiration for the heroine, Leigh. In my story, Leigh has accepted the fact that she will not have children the 'traditional' way, I guess, so she decides to adopt. In real life, I'm happy to say that my friend is now six months along and doing well:)

How long did it take you to write?
    Three months. This book was originally set to release next year as book #4 in the series, but since I had so much of it written, we decided to re-order the series release dates. 

What is your favorite scene?
    My favorite scene is the murder mystery dinner scene, where the hero gets to have a little bit of fun. That's all I can say. 
  
Who was your favorite character and why?
    Leigh is my favorite character because she is so strong and she knows exactly what she wants. Her commitment to having a baby of her own is admirable. 

 If you could pick fictional characters to play the hero and heroine, who would they be?
    I had pictures of Harry Connick Jr. on my Brookhollow board in my office as I wrote Logan. I always have visuals to for my heroes...but not really anyone pictured for the heroine lol:) Weird, I know lol:) 

Tell us one thing you learned during research.
     In an open adoption, the birth parents are able to have as much or as little involvement in the raising of the child as is agreed upon by them and the adoptive family. Also, the birth mother has the option to write a letter to her unborn child explaining her reasons for choosing to put the baby up for adoption. These letters are so moving and heartwrenching to read, but so beautiful that I had to include one in my story. It was the hardest part of the book to write. 

This is your 6th book, 3rd Heartwarming. Exactly what does that mean to you?
    I can't believe it has been 6 books in two and a half years. And 3rd for Heartwarming is incredible. I'm so happy this series found a home with this line. 

 What do you plan to work on next?
    I'm just finished the first draft of book five in the series. (Book four releases in Nov:)) And I'm also working on a holiday novella and another mainstream, contemporary three book series. I'm writing the second one now. Lots of writing, but I love it!

What are you reading for pleasure right now?
      I just finished reading Undone by Shannon Richards and I loved it. Couldn't put it down. And I'm in the middle of Feel the Heat by Kate Meader-another fun read:) 

Thanks for hosting me today! 
One commenter will win a signed print copy of the book.


Comments

  1. Congratulations on the release of FALLING FOR LEIGH, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!! Tomorrow, I will be posting my inspiration for my hero:)

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, I've had a couple of good friends who went through all of the fertility testing and time-consuming, sometimes painful treatments. I'm sure your story will encourage some readers who may be facing the same problems. Can't wait to read the book. I wish my subscription arrived earlier in the month. Anyway I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! It was an emotional story to write and I was reluctant to let my friend read it early lol, but she loved it.

      Delete
  3. For a woman who desperately want's a baby, infertility is the hardest obstacle to overcome, I think. I have friends who have struggled with it for years. One decided to not have children, the other two adopted. And those babies now even look like their adoptee parents. Looking forward to Falling for Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia! And I see that our stories are combined in the Australian paperback duo!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer! I have a character in my next book with some of these issues, too. It's heart-wrenching. I'm excited to read Falling for Leigh. And keep 'em coming! Six books in two and a half years--I aspire to be as prolific as you!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Writing full time, I should be able to put out that many books, otherwise my husband will know for sure that I Google Tom Hardy pics all day lol:)

      Delete

  5. I'm looking forward to the read :) I know what it's like to have empty arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I really hope I did the story justice. :)

      Delete
  6. Seems many of us can relate to empty arms. I love stories about struggles to get pregnant or find children. That's the heartbeat of many of us. Gosh, Jen, it's too bad you don't have enough to do! I'm sure keeping you out of trouble is important, so keep going! Your cover is beautiful. I love gazebos. I have a painting in my office of a Vctorian couple stealing a kiss in a gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muriel! Yeah I know, I need to keep busy lol. Most of the time, I just overcommit, then have anxiety attacks closer to deadline lol. I love gazebos too, so I was thrilled with mycover. In the book, the couple work on Logans book inside the gazebo.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Jennifer! Your book sounds wonderful. Good luck with your other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I just ordered yours along with several others. Can't wait to read it:)

      Delete
  8. This sound like a good book...thanks for the giveaway! rita.navarre@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a Heartwarming topic if ever I heard one. Thanks for talking to us about Falling for Leigh, sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! It was definitely my first attempt at a 'heavier' topic. The first two books in this series were definitely lighter, but I love how this story turned out. Hopefully readers will too!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your book! This sounds like a great story about coping with something that touches so many lives. I have known many people who struggled with infertility. Can't wait to read it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And I couldn't be happier to be sharing a book birthday with you! I can't wait for my copy of The Better Man to arrive:)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on a beautiful book. What a lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment