Romance is in the Air


What type of wedding do you dream of? Or, if you are already married, did you dream of? For a long time I’ve been fascinated with wedding stories, and when this one came my way, I couldn’t resist sharing it,

Once upon a time there was a girl by the name of Tana, and she was in love with Jason. Now Jason worked on a crabbing boat just off the Aleutian Islands, and they didn’t see each other nearly as much as they’d like. But they had set a Christmas wedding. Jason was flying home, and it was going to be perfect.

But, as in all romantic stories, not everything went according to plan. Before they could make all the arrangements, Jason was called back to the boat. After he complained to his captain that he’d had to come back before they could tie the knot, the captain stroked his chin.  Why not have the wedding on the boat? 

After much thinking and talking back and forth, Tana agreed. I mean, who wouldn’t love getting married on a boat in Dutch Harbor, Alaska in March!
But again, there must be conflict. 

The boat had to catch its quota before it could return to Dutch Harbor, so Tana would only have a ten-day notice. Finally the call came and Tana set out with two friends to fly to Alaska. Right in the middle of the worst ice storm in West Tennessee. They slipped and slid to Nashville to catch the plane, where they waited for over twenty hours to take off. That’s what every bride dreams of—puffy eyes from no sleep. 

While in the airport a news crew arrived to do a story on the iced-in airport and discovered Tana’s story. They interviewed her, but she never saw the story because…FINALLY the plane was able to take off.
Waiting to fly out


 Twenty-fours hours of flying and sitting in airports later, Tana and friends Geri and Eric arrive in Dutch Harbor.


 I think I’ll  let the photos speak for the wedding preparations…
Geri helping Tana get ready
Ready to begin with the Maid of Honor and Groomsman in place...
Now for the vows:

And no wedding is complete without this...
*Sigh*...


The reception...




After the wedding


The captain gave up his quarters to them, and for their honeymoon, they sailed to Seattle... 


Do you have any wedding stories? Tell me about them...

Oh, there's more to this story...unfortunately, I can't tell you what it is until October, but I will. Stay tuned.

Photos by Geri Moore


Comments

  1. Ditto to what Liz wrote above! Thank you for the early-morning smile, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story and the photos. Now I'll spend too much time trying to figure out what else there's going to be to end this with an exciting twist. October, you say? Not fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it won't be that long, Roz. But it too is a fairytale. :-)

      Delete
  3. Patricia, my favorite wedding stories are the ones where the love and the marriage are more important than the "ceremony" and all those fancy trimmings. Like this one. Thank you for making my morning(; ps...what a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree, Carol! The wedding is for a day, the marriage is for a lifetime.

      Delete
  4. LOL, that's something I would have done in my 20s. Considered in my 30s. Not sure about the 40s. But, it is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic story! So happy to see it worked out. Excellent photos to capture the moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I forgot to give credit for the photos!! My friend Geri Moore (the beautician lol) took them. Thanks Marion.

      Delete
  6. Love it! A wedding that's about the love being promised rather than a theatrical spectacle. And it's completely charming - love the boot bouquet, the attendants, and the happy couple. Are there twins coming in October?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not twins. :-) It's nearly killing me not to tell.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos, Patricia, and a beautiful story, too! I can hardly wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love is so precious and so was this moment. Wishing the couple a lifetime of happiness and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this story! Just goes to show that where there's a will, there's a way! Love is grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is grand! This story was exciting as it played out., Melanie. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. What a great story! I'm especially impressed with the flowers arranged in the rubber boot. Hurray for keeping with the fishing boat theme! Can't wait to find out the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristine, I'm not sure who put together the flowers and reception, but they did a great job.

      Delete
  11. I don't have any wedding stories that can compare to this one!! Great story and pictures. Nice idea for a book. Will look out for this one in October. And, what a lovely bride. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Laurie, you've read my mind. lol. She's as pretty inside as outside.

      Delete
  12. I love wedding stories,too. This one is a beautiful example of the power of love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have too many tears in my eyes. Love it all, flowers in the boot and its sooooo romantic! Adventurous romantics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the boot, too, Catherine. And I hear the food at the reception was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment