5 Ways to Leave Your Laptop (cell, tablet...) by T.R. McClure

The autumn leaves...drift by my window...πŸπŸ‚πŸ


Shameless, I know. Not only am I stealing from Paul Simon (50 Ways...), I have the nerve to steal from Frank Sinatra. But really, we know all too well winter is snapping at the heels of autumn so get outside before it's too late!

So what if you have a deadline? You might have to stay up a little later. So what if the sink is full of dirty dishes? I know for a fact the dishes won't go anywhere...unless you have an angel around the house. So here we go. The top five ways to leave your laptop (cell, tablet, computer) and go outside to enjoy the beauty of the season.

Number One!


Walk the dog. If you don't have a dog, borrow the neighbor's dog. If you don't have a neighbor or the neighbor doesn't have a dog, walk an imaginary dog. Remember those leashes with a collar on the end and no dog? It will give the neighbors something to talk about through the long winter ahead.

Number Two!


Rake leaves. The earthy smell of decaying leaves, the jewel like colors of red, orange, and yellow, the raspy sound as you rake them into a pile. Then let the kids jump in the leaves so you can rake all over again. If you don't have kids, borrow the neighbor's. If the neighbor doesn't have kids... Well, you get the idea.

Number Three!


Take a picture. Grab a camera and head out doors. If you don't have a camera, we'll skip borrowing from the neighbor and go straight to using an imaginary camera. Frame a shot with the thumb and forefinger of both hands. Put a yellow lab in the lower right corner, a colorful display of maple leaves in the upper left and you have a picture. How many times do we look at nature and not see? So frame a shot and really see the beauty around you.

Number Four!


Open the doors and windows. If you can't go outside then let the inside in. This may be your last chance to freshen the house with the natural smells of outdoors. Just to be on the safe side, if your neighbor happens to be a farmer, first make sure she isn't spreading manure on the field next door.

Number Five!


Alas! I wanted to suggest taking a walk under the Harvest Moon. But the full moon for October has come and gone. So number five is up to you. Can you help me out?

By the way, don't forget to return all those things (kids, dogs, leaf rake, camera, yellow lab) you borrowed from your neighbor.

As always, enjoy the read!
T.R.
www.trmcclure.com
www.facebook.com/trmcclureauthor

Comments

  1. I loved this. I just came into my office, walking in the dark from house to my end of the garage. It's nippy out there this morning, but the leaves are rustling and it smells good--people are already burning wood--so I've had my walk. Back to the deadline...and the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall hasn't fully intruded on me here yet, although early in the morning the air is crisp and cool and I love it! We throw open all the doors and just soak it in. Love your tips for getting away from stuff. Does walking to the car to go to work count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took my vehicle in this morning to get snow tires because after two brief encounters with snow this fall already...it's going to happen. You're right about doing it when you can. In October, every warm day is a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeAnne beat me to say that it's still summer here. We haven't dipped below 94 or 95 in several weeks. But our nights are beginning to cool which I like. No leaves around here to rake and jump in. I used to love that. Hard to rake cactus. But the butterflies are here and some are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall temps have just arrived here in N. Mississippi and I am enjoying them. Think I'll ride my bike to exercise class today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We’re still at the cottage until,end of the month and take advantage of these last few good-weather days by walking around the island. I love how the vegetation changes -the meadow is now full of gray-brown dead golden rod, which is another kind of beauty I guess. But you’re so right, T.R., that we need to enjoy because very soon the long dark winter (am not a fan!) will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post. I think everyone likes the sound of the drying leaves crunching when we walk. Everything seems a little brighter on a crisp fall day--around here, the sky seems bluer than blue. And the fall skies and storm cloud formations in Wisconsin are different from other places I've lived. Really gorgeous. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything in this post is oh, so true. I DID borrow the neighbor's dog and walked on the golf course. And I'm so glad I did that. Two Sunday's ago, I "Stole" my friend and we drove up into Michigan to Saugatuck and had a blast. The boats were sailing in and out of the harbor, the quaint, tourist shops were packed and filled with fun merchandise, the restaurants were packed and it was a day we'll never forget. We had a blast. And when I got home, my laptop sighed that it missed me. The following weekend it poured rain for three days straight. I wore off the letters on the new keyboard. There you go. WHat you wrote is oh, so true! Grab life when you can. There are no re-takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got the idea for sure. And I'll bet the neighbor's dog appreciated it.

      Delete
  9. You're right. The weather is beautiful and we should take advantage. My hubby just dragged me away from the computer to have breakfast with him on the deck. The trees near the creek are turning a lovely golden color. Now I just need some neighbors with kids to borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJ and I live in Tucson (where Roz lives) and still walk Park Place Mall where the inside is air conditioned. The only signs of the changing seasons are the window displays which (believe it or not) are beginning to have Christmas themes! We walked a little over 3000 steps inside. Then I took her to The Corner Bakery for breakfast. Once the temp drops to 80ΒΊ or below, we'll walk in the desert parks near us. Romance? We are in our 60th year and still hold hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending time together is the key. I like that you walk together. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  11. What a great post telling us all to slow down and enjoy the beauty of this season. It’s crystal clear here in TN today with a gorgeous blue sky. Our leaves haven’t turned or fallen yet. I’m going out on the deck right now. Thanks, T.R.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips, T.R.! We finally broke the heat and humidity here in Charlotte. Last night we slept with the windows open. I haven't slept that well in months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never believed in Love Spells or Magics until i met this special spell caster when i went to Africa to Execute some business. He is really powerful. My husband divorce me with no reason for almost 4 years and i tried all i could to have him back cos i really love him so much but all my effort did not work out, we met at our early age at the college and we both have feelings for each other and we got married happily for 5 years with no kid and he woke up one morning and he told me he’s going on a divorce, i thought it was a joke and when he came back from work he tender to me a divorce letter and he packed all his belonging from my house and left. i ran mad and i tried all i could to have him back but all did not work out. I was lonely for almost 4 year, So when i told the spell caster what happened he said he will help me and he asked for his full name and his picture. I gave him that. At first i was skeptical but i gave it a try cos i have tried so many spell casters and there is no solution, so when he finished with the readings, he got back to me that he’s with a woman and that woman is the reason why he left me, The spell caster said he will help me with a spell that will surely bring him back, but i never believe all this he told me i will see a positive result within 3 days. 3 days later, he called me himself and came to me apologizing and he told me he will come back to me. I can't believe this, it was like a dream cos i never believe this will work out after trying many spell casters and there is no solution. The spell caster is so powerful and after that he helped me with a pregnancy spell and i got pregnant a month later, we are now happy been together again and with lovely kid. This spell caster has really changed my life and i will forever thankful to him, he has helped many of my friends too with similar problem too and they are happy and thankful to him. This man is indeed the most powerful spell caster i have ever experienced in life. Am Posting this to the Forum in case there is anyone who has similar problem and still looking for a way out.. you can reach him here: drosebuluspellhome@gmail.com CONTACT THIS POWERFUL SPELL CASTER TODAY VIA EMAIL: drosebuluspellhome@gmail.com or on +2348083221034

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment