A DAY FOR INTRODUCTIONS

I'm Kim Findlay, a brand new author, and my first two books are coming out with Heartwarming this year. I'm thrilled, overwhelmed, and terrified.  The Heartwarming community is very welcoming, and that's helping me navigate.

I have this opportunity to introduce myself, and I thought I'd do it a little differently. The external facts are out there in bios.  Instead, I'll tell you about what the inside 'me' is like.

I'm an introvert. I'm not shy, and I can talk your leg off. After a limited amount of time, though, I'm done. I need to retreat to where I don't have to be 'on' and can be quiet.

I'm a procrastinator. And a list maker. Some perfectionist tendencies make it easy to postpone things to a more perfect time, and there's so much distraction online that I can get behind. But I'm a compulsive list person. I have to get those items crossed off. The test for a real list person? If you do an extra thing that wasn't on the list, you immediately write it down to get the thrill of crossing it off. When I have my lists,  that overcomes my procrastinating.  However, if I procrastinate on making my lists...

I'm task motivated. This may be connected to the lists, but if I start something, something bigger than a list item, I need to finish it. I'm still bothered that I didn't finish getting my motorcycle license, but after my accident, I was really too nervous to enjoy being on the bike. Thanks to this finishing bug, I did get my accounting designation, ran a marathon, and finished two books. Here's hoping this trait helps me get more writing finished!

So that's me.  I look forward to getting to know everyone else.

www.kimfindlay.ca
www.facebook.com/KimFindlayAuthor/

Twitter: @missheyer74


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning!

I’m very pleased and excited to be sharing my Heartwarming blog day with Kim and have enjoyed getting to know her. Welcome to Harlequin, Kim, and to the Heartwarming family!

I have something of an introduction of my own to make today. It’s for my last Western book – thankfully not my last Harlequin book or even my last Mustang Valley series book. Those will happily be continuing with Heartwarming

I honestly think THE BULL RIDER’S VALENTINE is my most romantic story ever. Nate is certainly one of my more wounded heroes. He’s never gotten over the (Valentine’s) day six years ago when he came home to discover Ronnie had left him, not long after miscarrying their baby. The journey to reconciliation for them is a long and difficult one. I found myself cheering for this meant-to-be-together couple during the entire writing process and just hated throwing obstacles in front of them. 

Up next, I’m leaving the Hartman family for Sweetheart Ranch. You’ll be hearing more about this unique western wedding venue and bed and breakfast in the future. For now, I’m looking forward to Valentine’s Day with my own sweetheart – yes, there’s a pun in there somewhere, and I’m pretty sure I intended it!

Warmest wishes,

Cathy McDavid



Comments

  1. Welcome, Kim, and best of luck with your books. Cathy, so sorry to see Westerns go but happy you've found a home for your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy and Kim! I hear you, Kim, about writing down an item that wasn't on the list for the sheer pleasure of crossing it off. Cathy, looking forward to your stories here at Heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kim. Great to see you here! After learning you and Pam are both such avid listmakers, I'm inspired. I make lists like TO DO BY CHRISTMAS, but I think I'll start making daily, detailed lists like yours.

    Cathy, I just finished Bull Rider's Valentine, and really enjoyed it. I love it when a couple who belong together find their way to a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is just a mental list: work at accounting all day, do my own company's accounting tonight, back up my computer. Somedays don't even give me much listing leeway!

      Delete
    2. Beth, thank you so much for the kind words. You made my morning! Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Welcome Kim, and Cathy I look forward to finishing your series with Heartwarming. I have a new stack of books to read, but I'm running back and forth between my house and my sister's to help her out as she crushed a vertebra in her back. I would take a book, but I'm too busy taking care of two households.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very painful, Roz. Hope your sis feels better soon.

      Delete
  5. Welcome, Kim--I loved your introduction to us! Cathy, good luck with your transition--we're so glad to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to both of you. I see there's another introvert here, although many people think I must be an extrovert because I'm so gregarious. But most writers need our time alone to think and plan and replenish. We have to gather up more energy to deposit in the social bank. All the best, Cathy, with your new direction. I haven't been around here very long myself, but I've enjoyed every minute of getting to know this group of writers and their work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Kim--really get your 'list-making'. :-0 And Cathy so glad you will continue your western theme at Heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for all the lovely words. So happy to be part of this group :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment