Hello Spring! Hello Cleaning! By Cari Lynn Webb


Spring brings with it a wonderful sense of renewal and I’m ready to welcome the new season. I wanted to share the cover of my May Release, THE DOCTOR’S RECOVERY as this cover puts me in the mood for all things Spring.




Before I can stop to smell the roses (and dig out my allergy medicine), I need to meet my March 1st deadline. And once I hand in my manuscript, there’s a bit of cleaning up to do in my office (and if I’m honest, the rest of the house). I suppose that means I’ll be rounding up the family for some Spring cleaning very soon. There’s something refreshing about tucking away the winter blankets, cozy sheets and jackets then replacing all that with beach towels, running shorts and flip flops.

But I can already hear the groans from my daughters-cleaning doesn’t rank on a teenager’s priority list. Although to be fair, I’ve come to realize my teenagers’ priority lists are relatively simple: food, sleep, reading, all things social media related and more sleep. Perhaps if I turn cleaning the house into a series of social media posts, I might garner more enthusiasm from my daughters.

However, I do have a back-up plan: desserts. As I mentioned, food ranks on my teenagers’ priority lists, especially the homemade baked kind. (And just to make things more interesting in our house, hormones have been increasing the cravings for all things sugar recently. I’ll save the mood swings for another post 😊). I think I’ve mentioned before that I like to bake after I meet a deadline and my family likes my new habit too.

In honor of Spring’s impending arrival, here are a few recipes I’ve added to my March baking list (aka bribery list for cleaning without whining). Oh and I’m happy to share my desserts if you find yourself in my neighborhood. And please, if you have a favorite recipe, share it. 😊


  1. Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake ~ for those days when we can’t decide between cake and cheesecake. (Recipe here: https://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/lemon-blueberry-cheesecake-cake/ )
  2. Strawberry Shortcake No Churn Ice Cream ~ for those days we want something cold and refreshing (Recipe here: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45913/strawberry-shortcake-no-churn-ice-cream-recipe/ )
  3. White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake ~ it’s all in the title (Recipe here: http://bakedinaz.com/2015/05/white-chocolate-raspberry-bundt-cake.html)

 Here’s the blurb for my May 2018 release, THE DOCTOR’S RECOVERY:

When a doctor and a filmmaker reconnect . . . just who is healing whom?

Two years ago, Dr. Wyatt Reid shared an unforgettable goodbye kiss with Mia Fiore. Now a scuba diving accident brings the daredevil documentary filmmaker into his San Francisco ER. Could this be their shot at a real relationship? But Wyatt, haunted by family tragedy, saves lives, and Mia risks hers every day. Can they find the way to a future on both their terms?

Happy Reading!
Cari Lynn Webb

THE DOCTOR’S RECOVERY ~ Available May 2018
Pre-Order Now! http://a.co/2fF22k0
THE CHARM OFFENSIVE ~ out now.

You can find Cari on Facebook and Twitter. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new book! That is a great cover. But is that Susan I see lurking in the background??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see Susan too :) We really need to give Susan her own story, Leigh :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the upcoming release Cari and a very nice cover, too! Meanwhile, I’ve bookmarked those recipes - maybe by summer my (so-called) diet will permit the indulgence. And good luck with the teens and cleaning! Been there, done that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the diet, Janice. And take a day to indulge when you can :)

      Delete
  3. Last year I was working (production accounting) on the Sharkwater 2 documentary. It was about this time that they found Rob Stewart's body: the documentary filmmaker had gone missing on a dive. And now I'm doing the accounting on a documentary by another client about that accident. So the description of your new book is giving me chills...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - I watched quite a few videos of diving accidents ... they made me short of breath and I had a lot of chills. So scary! I will have to look for that documentary when it comes out about Rob Stewart. Take care!

      Delete
  4. Okay, between Laurie's post and your post today, I think I've already gained 10 pounds! Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake? Oh. My. And your book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne! I bookmarked Laurie's post too :) Might have to spread out those baking days. Take care!

      Delete
  5. Kim, you sound like a perfect heroine! 'Kim knows how to finance a filmmaker's deep sea adventure but has she only paved the way to his certain death?' I love your set up, Cari Lynn! Tough, tough dilemma. And yeah, I have a teenage daughter in the house. Allergic to vacuums, she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk to me before you write that book - the producer does the financing... ;)

      Delete
    2. M.K. - we have the same allergy to vacuums, dusting, cleaning bathrooms in our house too :) It will be interesting to see what happens when they move out and have their own places - they will probably be totally clean :) At least I can hope!

      Delete
  6. That cover does just sing spring! I like your idea of housekeeping in a series of social media posts -- poor Cinderellas, forced to sweep ashes before they can go to the ball, or in this case, eat delicious desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cover. You and I share a release month. That's fun. And even in Wisconsin it will actually be spring by the time May rolls around. Talk of putting away blankets and bringing out beach towels seems like the language spoken in a far off land I haven't visited in a long time. Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a book out in May too for Heartwarming. Who's our fourth?

      Delete
    2. Virginia - my family is all from Upper Michigan so I know all about Spring and Summer up there :) Looking forward to sharing a release month with you :)

      Delete
    3. Kim - Rula Sinara is releasing with us too :) Looking forward to May with you guys!

      Delete

Post a Comment