Just because Valentine's (or Galentine's!) Day is over doesn't mean the fancy has to end. Whether you're cooking for a loved one, some girlfriends, or solo with a good book, make a date to stay in with something a little more luxurious than normal on your table. This way you can save money, stay in your pajamas where it's warm and cozy if you want to, and get the satisfaction of serving and eating something you made with your own two hands.
Love these ideas from some of my favorite food bloggers:
- Twirl up some silky Linguine with White Clam Sauce from A Family Feast. The sauce is gorgeous and way easier to make at home than you think. Serve with crusty bread to sop up that sauce, and you're golden!
- This post from Natasha's Kitchen tells you everything you need to know about tackling lobster tails from the comfort of your own home. Does it get any fancier than this?
- Nothing says "date night" quite like a steak. Save time and money by making yours at home. This Add a Pinch Skillet Ribeye is a great one to start with!
- Yum! My mouth is watering at the sumptuous sear on these Garlic Scallops from Rasa Malaysia!
- If you want to get really fancy, make pasta from scratch using The Noshery's foolproof method. The possibilities are endless!
- You can't have a date night without dessert. In my version of heaven, there will be lots of this creme brulee crunchy topping involved. Kevin is Cooking makes it easy in this post.
- This Triple Berry Tiramisu from The Cookie Rookie is almost too pretty to eat, but curiosity is a great motivator.
- For all the chocolate lovers, these warm and gooey molten lava cakes from Averie Cooks are a dream come true!
Did you have fun Valentine's Day plans or stay in like we did? For your fancy date night in, are you more of a steak or seafood or pasta kind of gal? (Or are you just in it for the dessert? We don't judge!)
About the author: Laurie Tomlinson is an award-winning contemporary romance author and cheerleader for creatives. She believes that God’s love is unfailing, anything can be accomplished with a good to-do list, and that life should be celebrated with cupcakes and extra sprinkles. Her debut novel, With No Reservations, is now available from Harlequin Heartwarming. You can connect with Laurie on her website, Facebook page, and Instagram.
With my date :)