So here are some "in the moment" things that make me happy. (I feel like I do posts like this all the time. It's almost like getting up from my desk to hunt down subjects for photos is a real breath of fresh air. I should do this more often.) If you're still buried under snow, I am so sorry. Springtime in Arkansas means tornadoes, hot afternoons, unexpected cold snaps, mud, and such beautiful days you have to stop and savor them.
1. Dinner with a friend. Stopping time to go for a plate of nachos with my best friend puts everything in perspective. Yes, nachos are part of the prescribed treatment.
2. Fresh air. There are about two months here to open the windows. April and May. Maybe October if we're lucky. I love these months. The pollen? It's better to never speak of that green menace.
3. Brown thumb? Who cares? I have one. I still pick up flowers at Lowe's and Home Depot like this will be my year.
4. Surprise yellow roses. Buying a house where someone with a green thumb once lived means surprises for at least one year. I can recognize rose bushes. Seeing beautiful yellow buds is exciting.
5.Nests with eggs. The hanging baskets I put up? Yeah, they're new homes, too. They'll never make it now, but those baby birds are gonna be something to see, right?
7. Sunroofs and sunglasses. The day job's quittin' time is made immeasurably better by the wind in my hair. Lots and lots of wind in my hair. I will not include a photo display of that one.
8. And this guy. He keeps it interesting around here. Spring means the squirrels are on the move and Jack is running patrols morning, noon, night, and midnight when I forget to close his door. It's a hard job. Here he is taking a break in some pretty purple flowers, both eyes on the gray-furred threat in the tree.
I hope you're feeling the renewal of spring even if you're digging out from under the snow. Tell me one thing that never fails to catch your attention, no matter how overloaded your day is.