Who doesn’t love this time of year?
Autumn has always been my favorite season of the year. I decorate my house in everything about fall and believe me, I have a list.
So many pumpkins! Check.
Multi-colored leaves. Check.
Fall flowers. Check.
And then there’s everything pumpkin related. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin latte, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread, you get the idea.
So to get you excited for the season, here are a few recipes I hope you enjoy.
Pumpkin Pie Mousse
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin (1 3/4 cups)
1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
3 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 c. sweetened condensed milk
2 c. heavy cream, cold
Sour cream and crushed ginger cookies, for serving
1. In medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch salt. Cook on medium, stirring frequently until steaming heavily, darker in color and slightly thicker, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to bowl, then stir in condensed milk. Let cool completely.
3. Using electric mixer, beat cream until medium peaks form. Fold in cream cheese mixture, then spoon into 4-ounce jars. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 8 cups. Serve dolloped with sour cream and crushed ginger cookies if desired.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 can pumpkin purée
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
tsp. cayenne pepper
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 large onion
2 clove garlic
2 can green chiles
2 can white beans
fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the broth, pumpkin, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne. Add the turkey and mix to combine.
2. Fold in the onion, garlic, chiles, and beans, and cook, covered, until the turkey is cooked through, 4 to 5 hours on high or 6 to 7 hours on low. Serve with sour cream, Cheddar cheese, radishes, and cilantro, if desired.
Enjoy this season by taking a few minutes to enjoy the cooler air, the crisp scent of burning wood and all the beautiful decorations because before we know it...Christmas will be here!
If you love Oktoberfest, you'll love the town celebration featured in Trusting Her Heart!
Click here. Tararandel.com
Tara Randel is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author. Family values, a bit of mystery and of course, love and romance, are her favorite themes, because she believes love is the greatest gift of all. Look for her next Harlequin Heartwarming romance, ALWAYS THE ONE, available February 2020. For more information about her books, visit Tara at www.tararandel.com. Like her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TaraRandelBooks. Sign up for Tara’s Newsletter and receive a link to download a free digital book.