SIT DOWN SATURDAY: BE A HERO by Rula Sinara


Happy Saturday! Or is it? I personally choose to be as positive as possible in life. I was born an optimist and when life throws a challenge at me, I try to channel my energy into being proactive and finding solutions. Trying to be positive even when life seems dark, doesn't mean a person is out of touch with reality. But having a positive outlook is better for one's health and immune system and being proactive leads to solutions and making things better (rather than panicking or even the opposite with blowing off warnings/recommendations and making things worse). I personally plan to get a bit of spring gardening done today. Gardening heals my soul.

I realize the world is in Covid-19 turmoil right now and everyone is extremely stressed out, or sick, or under quarantine, or worried about loved ones. I was trying to come up with fun facts about my March book for today's post, but decided, instead, to take a moment to simply say stay safe. Do what needs to be done to keep yourself and others healthy. Instead of hoarding at stores, think of other families with elderly parents and loved ones or kids home from school and purchase only what you need. Use common sense practices and wash your hands. Be creative with alternative activities that limit contact and crowds. For example, instead of going to the gym, my parents are taking short walks in fresh air (mind you, they don't live in a crowded city and can walk with few and far between). And go to reliable sources for recommendations, such as the CDC or WHO.

Basically, take care of yourself, but also think of others and how your choices impact the world around you. Emergencies tend to bring people with selfless, courageous, heroic hearts out of the woodwork. I'm grateful for people who are like that. And my heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one to this virus.

Okay, so I don't want to leave you all on such a serious note! Remember that positive thinking I was talking about? All right...I'm back on track ;). I'm going to garden, read and enjoy the fact that my college kids are home. We've already played Scrabble and Bananagrams several times. Yes, we love word games lol. For those of you looking to books/reading in order to pass the time, the second book in my Turtleback Beach series just released this month. Since excerpts are available at Harlequin.com and Amazon's 'look inside', I thought I'd share my Dear Reader letter, because it captures what the book is about:

Dear Reader,

What lengths would you go to in order to help a loved one? Would you abandon your career, your home…your identity? Would you commit a crime if it meant saving a life? Love isn’t always easy and it can force us to face moral dilemmas or to make difficult choices.

In Caught by the Sheriff, dog trainer Faye Donovan abandons her home, business, assumes her twin sister’s identity and kidnaps her baby niece—all in the name of love. Given the past (no spoilers), she can’t trust the police. And to make matters worse, she finds herself falling for the one man she can’t trust.

As the sheriff of Turtleback Beach, Carlos Ryker—whom many of you met in Almost a Bride—is sworn to protect the town and uphold the law. But what happens when he falls in love with the visitor, who’s posing as a single mother hiding from an abusive ex, only to find she’s been lying to him all along? Will he risk breaking the law to protect her…or will he arrest her?

My door is open at www.RulaSinara.com, where you’ll find my newsletter sign-up, social media links, information on my books and more.

Wishing you love, peace and courage in life,

Rula Sinara

Caught by the Sheriff
Book 2 Turtleback Beach
Harlequin Heartwarming
March 2020

If she follows her heart…

Will he follow the law?

Turtleback Beach, North Carolina, would be paradise—if Faye Donovan wasn’t on the run. With her sister’s life in danger and her small niece to protect, Faye tries to avoid handsome town sheriff Carlos Ryker. But Carlos offers her a refuge, and Faye feels she’s finally found home. And yet he’s still the sheriff. Can she trust him with the truth…even if it means risking everything?



Almost a Bride
Book 1 Turtleback Beach
Harlequin Heartwarming
June 2019

Can he love her…

And keep her safe?

No one in Turtleback Beach knows that veterinarian Grayson Zale is in the witness protection program—not even the woman who left him at the altar. When a joint inheritance brings Mandi Rivers back to their small seaside town, Gray can’t deny that their connection is as strong as ever. But his mysterious past remains between them; can he reveal the truth without endangering Mandi—and their future?

AMAZON
Please share how you and your family are doing or feel free to tell us about a time when you (or someone who helped you) went above and beyond in the face of an emergency or rough time.

Stay safe,

Rula Sinara

Comments

  1. A Heartwarming book is the perfect antidote for these times and Caught by the Sheriff sounds like a wonderful ‘escape’ Congratulations Rula! And now I’m about to start reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Janice. :) I totally agree about reading! It's a perfect escape and helps pass the time.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Rula--and congratulations on your new book. There's something so reassuring about a stack of books to read. Love your "Dear Reader" letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in the grocery store yesterday and people were smiling and laughing despite empty shelves where toilet paper and hamburger normally are. No hugs but smiles and helping fellow shoppers reach top shelves, nice to have a six three hubby! Wash your hands. Enjoy your family. Keep up the positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a similar experience lol! Since shelves were rather empty, some of the last few items were so far back on the top shelf I couldn't reach...so I had to ask a tall fellow to grab some dish soap for me :). And if there was someone I was taller than, I tried to help. But I did earn a few laughs when I and a few other ladies were staring at the coffee shelf in the hopes that our favorite brands weren't out and I said, 'When we were told to buy essentials, the first thing that came to mind was coffee.' LOL. Humor is always essential! ;) I do think the best side of humanity can surface in times of crisis.

      Delete
  4. The world will get through this, though I'm concerned for those who are so vulnerable. Hearts are already grieving for those lost.
    Congratulations on the book. The best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Callie. I tend to stay calm, cool and collected. I become proactive rather than panicky. I'm only worried for those who are vulnerable (my elderly parents included) and if everyone is careful, even those who might not get sick but who can be carriers, then we end up helping everyone.

      Delete
  5. Good advice, Rula, and I can't wait to read the book. I haven't been shopping yet, but I'll need milk soon, so we'll see what's left. Only one confirmed case in Alaska, but everyone just got back from spring break so they're delaying school for at least a week, and church will be virtual. Sending out good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending good thoughts your way, Beth. It seems changes happen on a daily, if not hourly, basis right now! But I figure adaptation is a good thing and all that matters is for folks to be well and safe. I'll do whatever it takes to keep this from spreading and to help the vulnerable in any way I can.

      Delete
  6. Rula, thank you for this! I am trying to be proactive as well. Focusing on what I CAN do rather than what I can't. I have a 93-year-old father-in-law so it feels vital to be vigilant.
    This series of yours sounds fabulous. I am so intrigued by the twin identity aspect. Can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with doing what we CAN do, Carol! My parents are mid-70s and mid-80s and I want them and others to be safe. I hope your father-in-law and your other loved ones stay safe and well. You too! And thanks re my series :). Ditto about yours! Can't wait to read your latest, March sister ;)!

      Delete

Post a Comment