Sit Down Saturday with Cynthia Thomason





Hi and Happy Saturday. Don't we all just love the weekends? Time with the kids, time with the SO, time for ourselves, time to hit garage sales. Whatever your preference for Saturday, I hope it's a great one.

I'm happy to blog today about the second book in my series, The Cahills of North Carolina, set in the High Country of the Blue Ridge Mountains in one of the most beautiful states in the US of A. For those of you who read the first book in the series, High Country Cop, I hope you liked it. And I hope you like this second book, about Carter's younger brother, Jace, Dad in Training.

Jace Cahill never planned on being a dad. He was a laid-back North Carolina guy who loved his life in his cabin with his dog and his guitar. Imagine his surprise when he learns he has a ten-yr-old son from an old indiscretion with a college girlfriend. Well, now he has thirteen days for his son's competent and pretty guardian to decide if Jace has what it takes to be a dad.

Why did I set this trilogy in the Blue Ridge Mountains? Because I live here four to five months a year when I'm escaping the South Florida heat. I'm here now. The weather is beautiful, and I'm enjoying every moment in my "destination camper," 38 feet of enough luxury for me.

Jace Cahill is one of my most favorite heroes, though, like most writers, I secretly love them all! Jace is a bit like my little brother, who loves country music and Bob Dylan, and started playing guitar when he was just a tyke. I dedicated this book to my brother.

Anyone who has ever been a parent, or even thought about it, will enjoy reading about Jace's struggle to accept this new responsibility thrust upon him. Some scenes are humorous and some are downright heartwarming. And the whole time Jace must face his growing attraction to his son's guardian, a Washington DC political advocate who decides she can't part with her best friend's son.

The Cahill family becomes involved. And in the end....well, that's up to you to find out.  Watch for the third and last book in the series, about Carter and Jace's sister, Ava.

This month's Heartwarming books are true winners. I hope you'll read all of them and put a little love in your summer.


Cynthia Thomason

Comments

  1. “Dad in Training”sounds like a wonderful book, Cynthia, as does the series. I will add it to my list and the Blue Ridge mountains sound like the perfect setting. What better place for a summer vacation home. Lots of,inspiration in those mountains, I bet! Congrats on this book and on the next to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Janice, lots of inspiration. Hope you enjoy the High Country books.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great summer--in one of my favorite parts of the world. Congratulations on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is my chapter meeting. Always look forward to hearing our speaker talk about different phases of writing. Since it will be another hot, hot day in the Southwest, it's a good day to just stay inside and smooze with friends. Love your stories. Great settings and characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, your new book sounds great! I love that part of the country. All the best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Cynthia! First let me say you are so LUCKY to live in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I remember many trips in my youth through that area as my family drove from Indiana to Florida where all my mother's family lived. The tales I spun in my head back then! I loved your last book, HIGH COUNTRY COP and recommend it. I'm looking forward to this next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. High praise coming from a writer like you!

      Delete
  6. I love visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains in your stories, especially the Christmas tree farm and the Cahill family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, hope you'll enjoy the Wyoga River story and the Sawtooth Children's Home story, both based on real places

      Delete
  7. Love the setting and Dad In Training sounds like my kind of book! And I'd love to be in the Blue Ridge Mountains about now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mountains are my saving grace from South Florida summer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful, and NC's mountains are a gorgeous setting for anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment