We are right around the Summer Solstice, and here in Oklahoma, we seem to be into "S" things: sunglasses, SPF, shorts, sandals, swimming, and shade--reading in the shade, that is. This time of year is also about reunions, barbecues, pool parties, picnics, and gathering in general. Here's what we're making:
- This easy New York Times Italian marinade is necessary for summer grilling! We tried it with chicken thighs and served alongside lemony, parmesan-dusted veggies for a pool party because we were tired of burgers and hot dogs. Our guests loved it!
- The Recipe Rebel's Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce needs no explanation. I want it on all the things!
- If your grilling plans rain out, here's your backup side dish: The Slow Roasted Italian's Best Ever Oven Roasted Corn. There's nothing more summery than corn on the cob...
- ...except maybe this peach crumble from Martha Stewart. We picked up some local fresh peaches from a roadside farmstand last weekend and served it with creamy vanilla bean ice cream. Heaven! It would taste great with other stone fruits, too.
- Speaking of fresh summer fruit, if you like a good grown-up beverage that will keep you cool, Sugar & Soul's Sangria Slushies look scrumptious!
- If you and your people are more chocolate people, this Chocolate Lasagna from CenterCutCook was DEVOURED when I served it for my husband's birthday party last weekend.
- You know this Italian can't NOT include a pasta recipe, so I recommend putting the abundance of summer zucchini to good use with this quick, tasty Linguine and Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp recipe from FoodieCrush!