Accessories for the Well-Dressed Groom

I’m working on book four in my series, The Sweetheart Ranch, which is a western-themed wedding venue and B&B. With each book, I’ve had to research some aspect(s) of weddings, everything from vows to bouquets to dresses to food served at receptions to unique and unusual weddings—like the bride and groom arriving on horseback or them singing their vows or the entire ceremony performed while skydiving (yes, it’s been done). It never ceases to amaze me what crazy stunts people will do to make their special day, well, special.

I spend a fair amount of time during each book Googling picture after picture of wedding attire and looking for inspiration. Especially when I need something specific for a scene I'm writing. In my current book, the hero (best friend of the groom) is visiting the wedding boutique (managed by the heroine) in order to pick up some accessories for the groom and his groomsmen to wear with their outfits. This raises the question, what does a fashionable cowboy wear to spruce up his wedding attire? After more researching and Googling, here are a few things that I found and am using.


Nothing fancies up an outfit like a snappy bolo tie.

And, of course, we can’t forget the gold and diamond horseshoe cufflinks.
Lapel pins are becoming almost as popular as a boutonniere, and I can see why. I think they're kind of cool.
If your cowboy is going to wear a hat, it absolutely must have a spiffy hat band.

My personal favorite is the vest. I just think they look great on a guy.

So, what happens when we put them altogether? Maybe something along the lines of this? Yeah, I do have a tough job, having to do all that research. No, don't feel sorry for me 😃


Comments

  1. I'm just reading Bridget's story. You gave her a great hero and a lot of wonderful conflicts. When I moved to Texas it was the first time I recall seeing guys go to formal events in boots, jeans and a vest and suit-coat. With the hats they had special made it was a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz. I really enjoyed writing that book :)

      Delete
  2. Cute post. I love the cuff links! Researching for these types of weddings seems like it would be a lot of fun. It makes me wonder how much time an author used to spend researching before the internet. Googling and sifting through all the pictures makes researching so much easier (and enjoyable!) Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I do like a good bolo, but I love that lapel pin with the feathers. I wonder if a fishing fly tyer came up with those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very fun research, Cathy! I like that final look. Is he wearing jeans? I can't quite tell from the photo. My husband and I got married in jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a cowboy hero! :) And you have spiffed up your very nicely. I like a nice cowboy boot, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really awesome post, I like to read your post very much. Thanks a lot for sharing with us. I'll visit your blog again.

    Online market places recommend sellers who use high-quality products photos with image manipulation service... Clipping Expert Asia is the best photo editing company that provides image manipulation services.....
    image manipulation service

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment