The Rush Has Begun


by Shirley Hailstock

And so it begins. Halloween is behind us and Thanksgiving is rushing forward like an ill wind.



I went to the grocery store last week after finishing a book. Finishing a book usually means a major house cleaning is needed, and re-suppling the entire kitchen with food. The store was packed. Holiday shopping has already begun. Fueled by the fact that the day after Halloween (some stores even did it before), an overstocked amount of Christmas supplies were shelved.

Caught in the frenzy, I purchased as many of my Thanksgiving needs as I could. I hate to shop, so going to buy food always means I buy as much as I can to ward off another trip as long as possible. Yes, I've been known to pull multiple carts through the aisles.




Now I’m in the mood for the holiday and I begin to think about what my decorations will look like. I made a wreath for Halloween and if I remove the witches legs, the colors work for Thanksgiving.




That along with a decorated table will work.




Soon the relatives will arrive and the merriment begins, to to mention to number of cameras that come out creating impromptu photo sessions.




But what could be better: Food, Family and Fun.

Enjoy your holiday and as always, keep reading. . .

Comments

  1. I love your wreath! Have a good time, Shirley--there's always a sweetness to the holiday season, no matter how rushed we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love crafts. When I saw one of these in Michaels Craft Store for way too much money, I searched the Internet to see how to make them. Now all my friends have an original -- made by me.

      Delete
  2. Loved this post Shirley and smiled at the image of you pushing multiple carts through a check-out. Lovely photos of your relatives! Hopefully you can now rest up for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your duo-purpose wreath, and that's a lovely table setting. I'm glad you're having fun with all your preparations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the fun time and I made sure I had no deadline in November or December. I still have to write, but not as frantically.

      Delete
  4. I also dislike grocery shopping but in the week leading up to Thanksgiving, I usually end up at the grocery store three times, despite my extensive list making. Enjoy the holiday and be sure to make lots of food so you can crash and eat leftovers for days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem there. We have lots of leftovers. They're the best part of holiday eating.

      Delete
  5. First of all, what gorgeous ladies! I love the dining table and knowing that you finally have enough food...when can we all drop in, right? LOL. I'm with you, though. I hate going to the grocery and I also put it off as long as possible. However, I'm clumsy enough to trip over multiple carts in the store, but I love the idea. Maybe one of those lumber carts would work! Now that we have snow warnings for the first part of next week, I have to stock up. Plus, with Thanksgiving and Christmas cookie time coming, I'll be baking up a storm. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who eats all those cookies? I don't do cookies. I bake cakes and pies, but never cookies. Usually, we have to wait for dessert. We eat so much during the meal, that there's no room until later.

      Delete
  6. Love your post. Makes me remember when we all got together before everyone scattered. Beautiful young women! Have a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great wreath, for Halloween or Thanksgiving. Enjoy that lovely family and good food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment