And the Secret is...


Have you ever sat on a story you were dying to tell? Well, that’s been me for the past five months! Back on my March  post, I wrote about Tana and Jason’s wedding and left readers with a cliffhanger...Oh, there's more to this story...unfortunately, I can't tell you what it is until October, but I will. Stay tuned.

Then, last month I thought I'd be able to reveal the story, but circumstances prevented it. And now that I'm able to reveal the secret, it seems a little anticlimactic, but more on that at the end. 

For readers who haven't read the previous post, I’ll do a short recap...

Jason and Tana were in love and planning a December wedding, but his job on a crabbing boat called him away before they could get married.


His captain felt bad and offered to have the wedding on the boat, in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Talk about a destination wedding!

Here are a few photos of the wedding, courtesy of Geri Moore helping with the curlers.





What wasn't in the post was...The guy with the camera was from the Discovery Channel! The wedding took place on the Cornelia Marie, one of the crabbing boats on The Deadliest Catch.


And the reason for all the secrecy was because the wedding was the season finale and they didn't want it advertised until the end of the season, which was last Tuesday. But you can catch it in reruns or find it on the web.

The anticlimactic part? The wedding was the very last five minutes of the show! But it was a sweet ceremony. 
So if you could have a Destination Wedding, where would it be? 

Comments

  1. So funny! I'd stick with tried and true Hawai'i, either Kauai or Oahu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd do Hawaii in a New York minute! Wedding or not. Thanks Laura.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing Tana and Jason's fun wedding story, Patricia. I wish them all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell them. Jason just returned to the Cornelia Marie for a new season.

      Delete
  3. In England among the wildflowers. Or somewhere in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has such great destinations. I would love to go to England, Laurie.

      Delete
  4. Either Pensacola Beach or the mountains. I seem to be "tried and true," like Laura, but I love the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! Pensacola is doable for me--only about a day's drive.

      Delete
  5. This is great! I'd go with St. Lucia, as a destination for a wedding. The Pitons are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, St. Lucia IS a spectacular destination for a wedding. I'm somewhat biased, though, as that's where my husband and I were married. It wasn't a "traditional" resort wedding, as it was very formal (black tie, etc.). The reception was in an elegant over-the-water restaurant that was closed down to the public for the night.
      They reconfigured and decorated it with masses of flowers just for us. It was absolutely perfect!

      Delete
    2. It does sound perfect, Kate. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    3. Okay, I want to go to St. Lucia, too! Yes, thanks for sharing, Kate. And can now say I know someone who was married in St. Lucia!

      Delete
  6. I can't think of a more aromatic place than a fishing boat in Alaska, since I once lived in Ballard, Washington where 80% of the people living there owned fishing boats that went to Alaska. The last two family weddings I attended were both beach weddings. One in San Diego, the other in Florida. They make for gorgeous pictures. Love your story. How exciting to have it shown on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I thought about the aromas more than once, but you know, no one ever mentioned the aromas. :-) I love beach weddings, too.

      Delete
  7. Patricia - what a fun story! And you've proven you're a woman who can keep a secret. Love the crew's participation - wish the couple happily ever after. My son (51) was married for the first time on Saturday at their place in the Oregon woods. I've never seen anything so beautiful - tall, tall evergreens, alder and I think, cottonwoods, on the edge of a creek running through. Am still on a love high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Muriel on gaining a new daughter! And that sounds like a beautiful destinatio wedding!

      Delete
  8. How exciting and sooo romantic. I love the sweater she's wearing with her dress. My nephew and his wife had a barn wedding last year that was just lovely. I like outside weddings the best--a grassy meadow with wildflowers or a riverside ceremony would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually very cold on the boat. My friend who took the photos was snowed in for a day or two after Tana and Jason left on their honeymoon.

      And I agree about the outdoor weddings. I attended one earlier this summer on a lake. And the rain held off until about thirty minutes after the ceremony.

      Delete
  9. This is one of my husband's favorite shows! Gotta love how tender they went this season (showing the birth of a crabman's baby and this wedding). My son did a destination wedding in Hawaii. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda, so you got to see it! I loved the bridesmaids. :-) And Hawaii...I've already waxed poetic about that place!

      Delete
  10. How romantic. I'd go with Seward instead of Dutch Harbor, but then I'm not a crabber (although I do love eating them.) Best wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. It's all beautiful. And I love eating crabs, too.

      Delete
  11. OMG, Pat, what a cool experience! You are one great secret keeper! Congrats to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment