8 Fall Recipes that Pair Well with Books


Nothing pairs better with a good book than delicious food. So cozy up with one of our fall Heartwarming releases and some quintessential autumn tastiness. Here are some recommendations:


  • If you make Country Cleaver's Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip for a party, you will definitely get asked to come back. :) 
  • Butternut squash is a quintessential fall vegetable and purees into the silkiest soup ever! Try this Butternut Squash Soup from The Reluctant Entertainer. 
  • Big flavor can come in little packages. Your book club would love these adorable Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Jars from Chin Deep. 
  • Fix Chef in Training's flavorful Slow Cooker Beef Stew and forget it. A few hours (and a few chapters later), dinner is ready!

Now you have plenty of sweet and savory options to better enjoy your reading experience (or take the guesswork out of meal planning so you can spend more quality time with a book)! If you want to take the guesswork out of what to read, check out the sidebar for some page-turning romances out this month.

What's your favorite fall flavor? If you could pick any beverage to enjoy with your book, what would you choose?



About Laurie: Laurie Tomlinson is an award-winning contemporary romance author and cheerleader for creatives. She believes that God’s love is unfailing, anything can be accomplished with a good to-do list, and that life should be celebrated with cupcakes and extra sprinkles. Her novella That’s When I Knew was featured in the Love at First Laugh collection, and her debut novel, With No Reservations, is now available from Harlequin Heartwarming. You can connect with Laurie on her websiteFacebook page, and Instagram.

Comments

  1. Laurie, it’s too early for me to start baking (7:53 a.m. local time) but I’ve bookmarked all those recipes! And you’re so right, nothing pairs better with a good book than a tasty treat. Thanks for this post....and I know my family will thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, Janice! Fall is the perfect time of year for spreading the baking love :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipes. If you could see me you’d know I’ve been reading a lot of books lately, LOL. Eating while reading a good book can be dangerous if you lack willpower like me.

    Pumpkin is my favorite Fall flavor. And a good cup of coffee or tea is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the willpower, fellow Laurie. But it makes for such a good reading experience!

      Delete
  3. Ditto Laurie. Pumpkin for flavor and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently combining those with Celestial Seasonings' Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Tea. Yum!

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin is my very favorite fall flavor and you've added some to that addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Laurie and T.R. But I DO eat lunch at the computer while writing and on the weekends or deadline, its dinner at the computer as well. Since I cook these days for friends more than myself, the pasta and the cookies sound perfect for sharing! I have just about every recipe for butternut squash soup in the world, but not this one. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing. Right now, I should go hit the treadmill.
    Just kidding. I'll do it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine - I'm always happy to share recipes! My keyboard has also seen many crumbs :) Indulge now, treadmill later!

      Delete
  6. Laurie, Yum! Love butternut squash soup, and one of my daughters makes great pumpkin, chocolate chip cookies that everyone wants. I'll have to give her the bundt cake recipe. Looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies twice for friends already. So good!

      Delete
  7. Even the sound of 'pumpkin' is jolly and warm. I see the recipe for the dip has 'marshmallow fluff'. Never heard of it. Whipped marshmallows, I assume but again, the name conjures up...well, lightness and warmth. Best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marshmallow fluff comes in a jar of sticky deliciousness and pairs best with fall! I agree with the word's essence. I just love everything about it :)

      Delete
  8. Great recipes! I love zucchini spaghetti in the fall. Tasty and less calories than pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! These recipes sound fabulous! I believe I will make a pot of coffee (maybe with a touch of Bailey's), have one of these treats and read a fabulous book! What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the links to food! The colors of the harvest and fall food are like the colors of the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth is watering. These all look so good. And while I've eaten them, I didn't know grain bowls were called that. They look so good - especially the Grape Leaf Pilaf since we love dolmades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added them to my weeknight menu -- easy because so many can be made ahead!

      Delete

Post a Comment