1. Veterans Day, a day set aside to remind us to do what we should do every day: thank the men and women who have served and continue to answer the call and their families who sacrifice so much. Thank you.
2. My employer recognizes Veterans Day as holiday. I've worked other places where the day wasn't an actual holiday, but we met to recognize our coworkers who were veterans. I appreciate both.
3. Old friends. I had dinner with my best friend to celebrate her birthday, and no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we connect and we catch up. She texted me a sweet thank you for my (sorta so-so) gift and I was reminded how easy it is to drift away or to take those friends for granted. I miss the days where we worked together every day, but I'm thankful we're still friends.
4. Easy edits. Sometimes it happens that a story isn't awful. I needed to be reminded that, while I am sometimes a flop at this writing thing , sometimes it just works. I needed this one to be one of those stories, and it showed up right on time. "Sigh of relief" thank you. Why do I have the feeling my editor includes this on her list, too?
5. Cold rain. What? Well, it's not snow or ice or drought that can put lives at risk in an instant. I'm inside with my edits and my dog. What do I have to complain about?
What's one thing you count yourself lucky to have today?